FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- WHAT ARE YOUR HOURS? We are open by appointment Tuesday-Sunday from 1pm(ish) to 10pm(ish).
- DO YOU TAKE WALK INS? Our artists are primarily appointment only, and may have a wait anywhere from a few days to a few months (depending on the artist), it is always best to schedule an appointment. But for smaller pieces or special circumstances we can usually accommodate walk-in tattoos. It is best to call the shop first to ask about availability.
- HOW DO I MAKE AN APPOINTMENT? The best way to ensure you receive the best tattoo possible, is for you to be paired up with the right artist for your tattoo. Each tattoo artist has a different style and will approach each tattoo in their own way, so the first thing to do is to look through all of our artist portfolios and select which artist you would like to do your tattoo then contact them directly to schedule a consultation or appointment. Each artist maintains their own individual calendar and scheduling, so contacting the artist directly through their portfolio page or through our APPOINTMENT REQUEST page is the best way to schedule an appointment. If you think we are all equally awesome and have no preference as to who you would like to tattoo you, feel free to call or email the shop and just request our first available artist. (If you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, we are probably just all busy with clients and can't take our gloves off to get to the phone or computer, so please be patient and we will get back to you within a day or so).
- WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED? We are located at 10957 Venice Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90034. We are on Venice Blvd just east of the 405/Sepulveda (in the Palms/Culver City/Mar Vista area).
- IS THERE PARKING? There is plenty of unmetered street parking on Venice Blvd as well as on the residential streets around the shop.
- HOW OLD DO I NEED TO BE TO GET TATTOOED? California law states that no one under age 18 can get tattooed. There are no exceptions to this law and parental consent is not an option.
- HOW MUCH DOES A TATTOO COST? Our prices start at $100 and go up from there depending on many different factors, including size, detail, placement, etc. It is difficult to estimate the price of a tattoo until it is drawn up and to size, so we cannot give quotes over the phone or email.. For pieces that take multiple sessions, our artists charge an hourly rate of $150-$200 per hour (depending on the artist).
- DO YOU ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS? Cash is always preferred, but we can also accept major credit cards and debit cards.
- HOW DO I MAKE AN APPOINTMENT? To make an appointment, please view each artist's portfolio and decide who you would like to create your tattoo. You can contact the artist of your choice directly through their artist portfolio page, or you can fill out the contact form here.
- WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING FOR MY CONSULTATION? Please arrive to your consultation ready to discuss the details of your tattoo idea, including the concept, placement, size, etc. Bring along any reference photos to help us understand visually what you have in mind. If your tattoo is a portrait, please bring at least good sized, clear photo, printed on quality paper. If your tattoo will be drawn up custom, please bring printed pictures for inspiration if you have them. Don't worry about finding a picture of your exact idea, often you wont be able to find your perfect tattoo idea because it doesn't exist yet...until we create it for you!
- WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO PREPARE FOR MY APPOINTMENT? Please arrive on time for your appointment and dressed comfortable and appropriate for the tattoo (wear something that will easily access the area being tattooed). Be sure to get a good night's rest the night before and eat a full healthy meal 2-4 hours prior to your appointment. Bring water, as you may be at the studio for many hours and will want to stay hydrated. The more comfortable your body is, the more comfortable and relaxed you will be for your tattoo. Do not arrive intoxicated, drunk, high, or medicated and do not drink heavily the day before your appointment (if you are intoxicated we will not tattoo you). You must present a valid state or government issued ID to get tattooed. You may bring a guest for support, but no more than one guest.
- WHAT IS YOUR DEPOSIT POLICY? We prefer to handle deposits and appointment bookings for large or custom pieces in person, during a consultation, or directly with the artist of your choice. But in the event you are not local to the Los Angeles area or unable to come in for a consultation in advance, or if you would like to reserve time for a small or not so custom tattoo and have no artist preference, we can save you a trip to the shop by handling your deposit online here.
Here's what you need to know:
- DEPOSITS ARE NON REFUNDABLE (No exceptions, and yes this is industry standard)
- Deposits are applied toward the final cost of your tattoo at your final session.
- Deposits cannot be transferred to another artist or customer. But deposits can be transferred to another appointment as long as the deposit is not subject to forfeit (see below).
- Deposits will be forfeited if any of the following occur:
- If you cancel or reschedule with less than 48 hours notice
- If you reschedule an appointment more than twice
- If you arrive for your appointment intoxicated or without valid ID and cannot be tattooed
- If more than 6 months pass without communication or attempt to schedule
- If you do not complete your tattoo within 2 years
- If you make major changes to your tattoo idea, concept, design, etc or decide not to get tattooed at all
- Deposits can not be applied toward merchandise or tips.
PLEASE NOTE: We will not begin drawing for a tattoo until after a deposit is received. And we may not have a drawing ready until the day of your appointment. We are sorry, but we cannot send designs by email, social media, text, etc. If you would like to see a design before your appointment, you may try to ask your artist directly if you can come early to preview the artwork in person.
Please keep in mind that your artist may have already spent time drawing or preparing for your tattoo and at the very least has turned away other clients for that day because their time was already reserved.
PLEASE SPEAK TO THE ARTIST OF YOUR CHOICE BEFORE PAYING A DEPOSIT!
- CAN I BRING MY KID(S)? Sorry, but no one under 18 is permitted in the tattoo studio. Do not bring babies, children, or minors. Children can be very distracting to clients and artists and please be aware that because only adults are permitted in a tattoo shop, we may also have things in the shop that are inappropriate for children (such as nudity or adult language).
- CAN I BRING MY DOG (OR PET)? The Los Angeles County of Public Health's Safe Body Art Act prohibits any animals in a tattooing facility. So sorry, although we love furry and four legged friends, we cannot allow them inside the shop.
- CAN I BRING A FRIEND? You may bring one guest for support, but no more than one. More than one guest causes too many distractions for the artists as well as other clients getting tattooed. If you do bring a guest, please keep in mind that you may be at the studio for many hours and your guest might get bored. Guests that are unruly or distracting, will be asked to leave.
- CAN I DRINK OR TAKE SOMETHING FOR THE PAIN? Do not drink alcohol or take drugs before or during your tattoo session. If you are or appear to be intoxicated, you will not be tattooed.
- WHAT IS YOUR STERILIZATION PROCESS? Our shop uses all disposable and single use pre-sterilized instruments where applicable (including needles and tubes) and all surfaces and equipment are thoroughly cleaned using hospital grade disinfectant and covered with disposable single use plastic covers for each and every tattoo.
- HOW DO I TAKE CARE OF MY NEW TATTOO? Please visit our aftercare page for detailed instructions on caring for your new tattoo.
- HOW LONG TO WAIT TO WORK OUT, GO SWIMMING, GET A TAN, GO TO DISNEYLAND ETC? Most tattoos are fully healed in about 2-3 weeks (sometimes less, sometimes more). During the healing time it is extremely important to stay out of the water for any non-shower activity (no baths, no swimming/surfing in pools or oceans, no hot tubs, etc). While the tattoo is healing it must be kept clean and dry but moisturized and you cannot wear any clothing or jewelry that will rub up against the tattoo (so no skinny jeans on a new thigh tattoo, no wool sweaters on a back tattoo, no watches on a wrist tattoo, etc). Working out is okay as long as the tattoo doesn't come into contact with anything dirty, like gym equipment or other people's sweat, etc. Your own sweat is okay as long as you wash immediately! If the tattoo or tattooed area feels uncomfortable or sore during your workout, you should wait a day or two before attempting to work out again.
- HOW DO I GET AN APPOINTMENT WITH ALAYNA? Alayna's schedule can get pretty crazy and she tries to accommodate everyone as best as possible. Alayna requires a consultation and a deposit for every new tattoo. She can usually get you scheduled for a consultation with a few weeks. Existing clients and large tattoos with continuing sessions get first priority for tattoo sessions and new clients can expect a wait around 6 months before their first session. If you don't mind the wait and would like to schedule a consultation with Alayna, please contact her here. Or if you don't like waiting, we would be happy to set you up with another of our talented artists who can accommodate you much sooner (often within a few days!)